Welcome to the WholesaleForum.com! Sign in or Register Free to benefit from our full range of free services

Welcome to Wholesale Forum.comWelcome ToWholesale Forum.comFind wholesale buyerstrade buyers and wholesale offers free

For Buyers

Wholesale Forum is the fastest growing online business community dedicated to retailers, auction sellers, surplus and overstock buyers needing a quick and safe solution for sourcing trade stock. Join our free and friendly forums today and gain knowledge, offer your advice, and discover new partnership opportunities:

For Suppliers

For wholesalers, dropshippers, manufacturers, distributors and trade services providers. Advertise your business today on WholesaleForum.com for free to reach potential trade buyers on a more personal level. Promote your latest offers, interact with buyers in real time, distinguish yourself as an expert in your field, and attract sales instantly.

Sign up now More benefits for Buyers
Sign up now More benefits for Suppliers
    1. ollie9009 is offline

      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
      0 Times in 0 Posts

      Newbie to Online Retail Business - Needs Info on Additional Tax Licenses

      We are in the process of incorporating a business in Wyoming and we are pending FEIN from the IRS.

      We are an online retailer that will use drop shipping for all of the products listed on our website. Therefore we will not hold stock, instead the shipment details are forwarded to the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.

      We will only sell to U.S. citizens and all of the wholesalers/manufacturers we deal with will be based in the U.S. (therefore there will be no importing or exporting of products).

      We want to make sure we have the proper licenses prior to launching - therefore, with the above setup, do we need any additional tax licenses, for example;

      Sales & Use tax license
      Sales Tax Exemption Certificate
      Reseller ID

      Many thanks,

      Over 150,000 Verified Sources + Deals 95% Off MSRP + Free Website!

    2. MissWholesale's Avatar
      MissWholesale is offline

      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
      225 Times in 186 Posts
      Hi Ollie,

      Welcome to Wholesale Forum

      The types of licenses an online business needs vary depending on your state and the products you intend to sell. The most common ones include City or County Licenses, State Licenses and Sales Tax Licenses. Several US states have chosen not to impose any sales tax at the state level and most states exempt certain items from sales tax. Hence requirements for a sales tax license also vary by state. Before you open your doors to customers, be sure you've done the essential paperwork and investigation on licenses and permits you require. If you have any unusual circumstances or need further information on attaining retailing licenses and permits, consider consulting a business lawyer.

      Hope this helps
      Want To Be An eBay Powerseller?
      This is the Service You Need.

Sign Up Now

Got something to say? Sign up now and join the discussions.

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Sales Tax ID or Incorporation in the US - Foreign sellers doing business in America
    By richi in forum Legal, Contracts, Insurance & Trade Terms Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07 Feb 2012, 11:30 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03 Nov 2010, 08:09 AM
  3. Registering a US Business and Applying for Sales Tax ID - Computers & Parts Suppliers
    By huntssman in forum Starting & Growing Your Business Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13 Mar 2012, 01:35 PM
  4. How To Obtain A Sales Tax ID
    By Christy1578 in forum Accounting & Tax Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03 Sep 2010, 07:43 AM
  5. What is a Sales Tax ID / US Tax number?
    By Mr.SellsAlot in forum Legal, Contracts, Insurance & Trade Terms Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04 Aug 2011, 10:43 AM
  6. US Sales Tax ID for Brazilian sellers - Incorporating a business in the United States
    By KenA.Cwb in forum Legal, Contracts, Insurance & Trade Terms Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21 Nov 2011, 12:56 PM
  7. Do I need a tax ID?
    By McFly2001 in forum Accounting & Tax Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25 Aug 2010, 08:55 AM
  8. Do I have to have a Tax ID Number to import?
    By Tommy in forum Accounting & Tax Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28 Oct 2010, 07:55 AM
  9. How to obtain a Business Tax ID in Wisconsin
    By redmudstorm in forum Accounting & Tax Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09 Aug 2011, 03:43 AM

My Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM. - Fixed Width