Welcome to Wholesale Forum.com
Wholesale Forum is the fastest growing online business community dedicated to retailers, auction sellers, surplus and overstock buyers needing a quick and safe solution for sourcing trade stock. Join our free and friendly forums today and gain knowledge, offer your advice, and discover new partnership opportunities:
For wholesalers, dropshippers, manufacturers, distributors and trade services providers. Advertise your business today on WholesaleForum.com for free to reach potential trade buyers on a more personal level. Promote your latest offers, interact with buyers in real time, distinguish yourself as an expert in your field, and attract sales instantly.
05 Feb 2011 01:20 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- United States
- 2 Times in 1 Post
How to recognize authentic Louis Vuitton handbags
How can you tell if a Louis Vuitton handbag is authentic?
05 Feb 2011 01:53 AM #2
If you are not buying the Louis Vuitton handbag from a department store then the purse is probably fake.
05 Feb 2011 02:49 AM #3
Actually there are some authorized online sellers as well as individuals selling “real” Louis Vuitton hand bags/purses. Here are some tips to help you distinguish between real and fake Louis Vuitton bags:
1. Price is low. If the price is below $300 for a new Louis Vuitton bag you should be wary. If the price is too good to be true, the bag probably is a knock off.
2. Label. If the Louis Vuitton label on the bag looks faded or worn in any way and is not real leather, it is a fake hand bag. Watch for altered spelling or mis-spelled Louis Vuitton name. Also if any label on the bag states “Made in China” it is not an authentic Louis Vuitton hand bag. There should be an ID card inside the bag indicating the style number.
3. Print and fabric. The famous “LV” on the bag should always be straight and will not be stitched-over or covered up by other portions of the bag. The Louis Vuitton Company goes to great lengths to make sure the “LV” monogram is placed correctly so any placement that is out of line would indicate the handbag is a knock off.
4. Stitching. The stitching will be yellow and will be of high quality. There will be no frays or errors in the stitching on an authentic Louis Vuitton handbag.
5. Leather. The leather used for the handle on the Louis Vuitton bag will be light in color when first purchased, but over time, with use, the leather will naturally darken. Also check to make sure the sides of the leather are tinted in a shiny red glaze.
6. Brass. The brass buttons, snaps, zipper pull, and fasteners on the Louis Vuitton hand bags will always have the famous “LV” logo on them and be heavy in weight.
7. Lining. The lining inside the hand bag should be stitched into the bag and will not be glued.
8. Canvas. The material on the bag should not be stiff, shiny, or oily looking.
9. Color. The color should be consistent with other Louis Vuitton products. Anything unusual in color is probably a fake.
10. Location. If the seller is a street vendor selling “new” hand bags, the Louis Vuitton bag is not authentic. There are authentic bags on eBay and other auction sites but you should be extremely cautious and ask lots of questions – get pictures as well. When in doubt, you should check the Louis Vuitton website
(Louis Vuitton Official Website: Luxury leather goods and fashion) to determine if the seller is authorized.
05 Feb 2011 04:29 AM #4
Selling fake Louis Vuitton handbags is illegal. So is buying them. If there is any doubt do not buy.
05 Feb 2011 05:34 AM #5
I came across some good discussions on fake goods that I want to share with you.
There is a good posting about a fake purse website in this discussion: Roxyhandbag.com Counterfeit Handbags Seller Scam .
Also here is a thread about fake Prada with more tips: How To Spot A Fake Prada .
Ebay has a good posting with pictures showing how to determine if a Louis Vuitton bag is authentic eBay Guides - How to SPOT fake LV LOUIS VUITTON authentic Guide 1 .
Got something to say? Sign up now and join the discussions.
Tags for this Thread
By Michelle23 in forum Report Fraud & ScamsReplies: 1Last Post: 23 Nov 2010, 06:57 AM
By ashley in forum Report Fraud & ScamsReplies: 0Last Post: 16 Sep 2010, 03:41 AM
By qianfrankpa in forum Report Fraud & ScamsReplies: 0Last Post: 11 Aug 2010, 11:24 PM
By Kavana285 in forum Luggage, Bags & CasesReplies: 0Last Post: 29 Nov 2011, 02:29 AM
By Lana83 in forum Wholesale DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 12 May 2011, 04:18 PM
By cutebabe78 in forum Wholesale DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 13 Jan 2012, 05:00 AM
By tim007 in forum Safe Trading Advice & Due Diligence DiscussionReplies: 23Last Post: 22 Nov 2010, 06:01 AM
By Oregon_Ed in forum Dropshipping DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10 Nov 2010, 05:37 AM